Our team's top priority is your safety as well as our staffs,
1. Screening questions at the time of your appointment
2. Hand sanitizer available
3. Mandatory face masks for staff and patients at all times
4. Equipment be disinfected with Covid-19 approved cleaners after each appointment.
5. Please only arrive at the clinic at your appointment time. If you arrive early, we ask that you wait outside of the clinic or in your car to minimize the number of people in the clinic at one time.
Physiotherapy is not covered by OHIP in our clinics. However, all visits with medical specialists in our offices are covered by OHIP.
You do not need a referral from your doctor prior to attending physiotherapy. However, some insurance companies do require a referral from your doctor in order for you to be reimbursed for expenses.
Many extended health care policies do provide physiotherapy coverage. It is your responsibility as the patient to check with your insurance provider to confirm the details of your plan. Here are some helpful questions to ask your insurance company: is a doctor’s referral required for reimbursement of fees? Is there is a maximum amount of coverage? Does your coverage provide 100% coverage per session of therapy? If you need any help with this please contact one of our helpful administrators.
Some insurance companies allow us to direct bill for physiotherapy services; you only need to pay the difference in coverage, if any. At this time the following companies can be billed for physiotherapy services:
- Blue Cross (Blue Cross, CAF, IHFP, RCMP, VAC)
- Chamber of Commerce Group Insurance
- Claim Sercure
- Great West Life
- Industrial Alliance
- Johnson Inc.
- Johnson Group
- Manulife Financial (only if you are registered for direct deposit)
- Maximum Benefit
- SSQ Insurance
- Standard Life
- SunLife (except Federal Government plan # 55555)