Preparing for Your Visit
Here at ActiveCARE Physio, we realize your time is valuable. We strive to be punctual and minimize your wait time. However, we cannot always anticipate the complexity of every patient’s appointment. To allow things to proceed in a timely manner, please read through how you can prepare for your visit to prevent any unnecessary delays.
What to Bring to Your First Visit
- Valid OHIP Card
- Referral information from your physician
- Any diagnostic tests you have had done such as X-rays, CT scans, and MRI’s
- If you have already had surgery elsewhere for the issue you are being seen for, please bring your operative report and related medical records
- Please bring a list of all medications that you are currently taking, along with the dosage and frequency. Please include supplements and over the counter medicines that you take on a regular basis
- Comfortable clothing that allows the physician to perform a thorough exam if needed (i.e.: running shoes, loose fitting clothing such as shorts, t-shirts and/or sleeveless tops for shoulder injuries)
Please arrive 15 minutes early for your appointment to allow time to check in and complete forms.
Forms & Results
Remember to bring any imaging results that you have already had done, such as X-Rays, MRI’s, and ultrasounds.
Please bring your valid OHIP card.
Please note there will be an upfront charge for Quebec patients:
Please note any missed appointments or short notice cancellation will result in a charge. 24 hours notice is required for any cancellation. (No Exceptions)
Consult No Show Fee: $60.00
Follow-up No Show Fee: $30.00
All No Show Fees must be paid before we can book any further appointments.
Cortisone: $25-$35 fee for any cortisone injection. (Including Ultrasound Guided Injections)
Viscosupplementtion (i.e: Monovisc, Durolane, Synvisc, etc.) is subject to an administration of injection fee of $30 plus the cost of the medication.
If your provider recommends an aid-in-recovery (e.g. brace, tape, rehab equipment), it may be available for purchase in our office. You are welcome to browse or ask for assistance at the front desk.
To respect the time of other patients with appointments after you, please keep your questions related to the injury you are being treated for. Any other injuries will need another referral from your doctor and another consultation appointment. Thank you for your consideration in this matter.